I hope to see the men in leadership roles no longer questioning whether your gender contributes to your ability. It’s just ‘are you a good brewer?’.”Carla Naismith, head brewer at Sparkke – who graces our Autumn issue’s cover.
In the latest edition of Beer & Brewer we look at the gender gap in the brewing industry with Pink Boots Society Australia President Tiffany Waldron, Malt Shovel Brewers lead brewer Alli Macdonald, Sparkke’s head brewer Carla Naismith and Little Creatures brewer Ros Stallard.
We also sit down with Tina Panoutsos to find out a little bit more about this widely respected figure and her views on the Australian beer landscape while she also lends her sensory skills to our tasting panel where we review 106 new beers, ciders and brewed hard seltzers.
Also in Autumn:
- included in our 106 tasting reviews are the top 16 Panel Picks that stood out above an amazing bunch;
- our dedicated HomeBrewer section dishes up five DIY recipes and looks into, among other things, brewing with herbs and spices;
- discover BentSpoke co-founder Rich Watkins’ best beer memories, including his ideal Autumn beer and the best beer he’s had in the last year;
- find out how and why Deeds Brewing and Bad Shepherd Brewing are fuelling our affinity for dessert beers while Fermentis’ Ruth Leary gets you started on which yeasts work best in sweeter styles;
- win craft glassware and have your beer review published in the next edition;
- and much much more.