The Craft Beer Marketing Awards (CBMAS) has expanded its worldwide judging panel to over 500 beverage and beer industry professionals in 24 countries – including 36 Australians and three New Zealanders.
The first CBMAS was held in 2020 to recognise beer marketing and design success in the American market before it was expanded last year to be a global event with categories covering all aspects of brew marketing – from labels to logos and tap handles to social media campaigns and merchandise. At the 2021 event, four Australian industry professionals were part of the global judging panel as the likes of Dollar Bill, Balter, Kaiju! Beer and Little Bang won awards.
Due to the pandemic the CBMAS is extending the entry deadline for the 2022 awards to February 14. Enter here. Entries are open to anyone involved in marketing within the brewing industry around the world – including cider, hard seltzer and mead. Breweries, their agencies, artists, and marketing partners are all invited to enter their work.
The awards celebration will take place during the week of the 2022 Craft Brewers Conference in May in Minneapolis.
The Australian judges
• James Aris, Head of Marketing, Matilda Bay
• Danielle Allen, Co-Founder, Two Birds Brewing
• Keith Balfour, NSW North Sales, Pirate Life Brewing
• Craig Basford, Co-Founder / Director, Big Shed Brewing
• Joel Beresford, Owner/Operator, Dutch Trading Company
• James Black, Sales Manager, Bridge Road Brewers
• Mike Bray, Managing Director, Gabs Craft Beer and Cider Festival
• Benjamin Cairns, Marketing Brand Sales, East 9th Brewing Co
• Josh Collins, General Manager, Easy Times Brewing Co
• Wade Curtis, Marketing Advisor Consultant
• Brent Edwards, Head Brewer, Five Barrels
• Joslyn Erickson, Owner/Operator, Hop on Brewery Tours
• Steven Finney, Co-Founder, Verdant Brewing
• Lindsy Greig, Brewer, Podcast Host, Cicerone, TalkBeerdyToMe
• Sam Hambour, Founder/GM, Hop Nation Brewing
• TJ Hancock, Creative Director
• Alana House, Editor, Drinksdigest.com
• Steph Howard, Marketing Manager, Cryer Malt
• Lee Huber, Festival Director, Noosa Eat and Drink
• Megan Hunter, Sales, 4 Pines Brewing Co.
• Grace Irwin, Marketing Specialist, HPA
• Jessie Jungalwalla, Creative Director, Craft Instinct
• Richard Kelsey, Director, Beer Cartel
• James Laycock, Senior Designer and Art Director, Ebbing Branding
• Nick Leach, Founder Brew Staff
• Roy Lever, Owner, Sales and Marketing, East Bendigo Brewing Co.
• Chris Lyons, Managing Partner, Brick Lane Brewing
• Eden Pink, Senior Brewer, Prancing Pony Brewery
• Matthew Rees, National Sales Manager, Rebellion Brewing
• Steele Rimmer, Marketing Manager, Varsity Group
• Isaias Vinaroz, CEO and Founder, Only Craft Beer
• Kirrily Waldhorn, Founder, Beer Diva
• Tiffany Waldron, President, Pink Boots Society Australia
• Jaz Wearin, Founder, Nort Beer
• Michael Wild, Business Developer, 4 Hearts Brewing
• Craig Williams. Marketing Director, Moffat Beach Brewing Co
The New Zealand judges
• Brian Watson, Brewing Director, Good George Brewing
• Andrew Childs, Founder/Co-CEO, Behemoth Brewing Company
• Kyle Browniee, Packaging Leader, Panhead Brewery