The Nelson Craft Brewing Capital group has topped off a successful first year in action by completely running out of their Nelson Craft Beer Trail maps. The brochures were first printed in time for Beervana in August last year and the 25,000 first-run copies have all been snapped up.
Emma McCashin, of the McCashins Family Brewery and Stoke Beer, was not in the least surprised at the result. “I had originally suggested printing 50,000 but some in the group thought that was too ambitious for a first run,”she says.
With the map being produced on a minimal budget, the all-volunteer committee was more than pleased with the results. Andrew Cole, of the Moutere Inn, pointed out that the team was working with small businesses during a recession, which made keeping costs down a primary concern.
But according to committee chair, Doug Donelan, the feedback has been positive with people commenting on the professional nature of the publication. “Visitors like that every brewery is included,” he adds. Other highlights for the group this year include:
- Nelson Craft Beer Trail maps have been widely distributed throughout NZ and overseas
- Featuring in articles in Beer and Brewer Magazine
- Receiving over 1000 website hits with around half of those downloading copies of the brochure
- Having Nelson Craft Beer Trail maps used for region promotion by Nelson Tasman Tourism and Tourism NZ (Nelson Tasman Tourism has identified Craft Beer as a key unique regional tourist draw)
- Hosting media and industry visitors from within NZ and around the world
The group is working to ensure an updated brochure is ready for Beervana this August, and starting to look toward promotion and events for the upcoming year.
Download your copy here.