It is that time again… time to start thinking about who in beer industry has has impressed you with their brewing, beer list curating, venue creation, festivities and much much more.
As of April 24, voting for the 2013 Beer & Brewer Awards will be open, giving fans and the industry a chance to have a say in which companies and individuals have been at the top of their sector.
This year there are some slight changes to the categories to reflect the changing industry and developments in the last 12 months. This includes the splitting of the Microbrewery and Cellar Door award into two separate categories and the changing of the Bottleshop categories to “Less than 200” and “More than 200”.
There are also two new categories Best Supplier and Best Beer Distributor to recognise those who put in the hard yards to make sure that venues have the best beers and that breweries get their products to their fans.
It should also be noted that category four refers to bars that specialise in either “all local” or “all imported” beers in order to recognise those bars that have a focus on the beers of a particular country, like Belgium.
This year the categories are:
1. Best Small Bar/Pub (less 150 patrons)
2. Best Large Bar/Pub (more 150 patrons)
3. Best Brew Bar/Pub
4. Best Specialty (Themed) Beer Venue
5. Best Microbrewery/Beer Company
6. Best Cellar Door (Microbrewery, Brew Bar/Pub)
7. Best Restaurant/Cafe
8. Best Bottleshop (Less 200 beers)
9. Best Bottleshop (More 200 beers)
10. Best Home Brew Shop
11. Best Online Retailer
12. Best Supplier
13. Best Beer Distributor
14. Best Beer (Local)
15. Best Beer (Imported)
16. Best Cider (Local)
17. Best Cider (Imported)
18. Best Whisky (Local)
19. Best Whisky (Imported)
20. Best Home Brew Can Kit
21. Best Beertender
22. Best Beer Event
23. Best Advertising Promotion/Offer/GWP
24. Best Beer/Retail Ad (Print, online or TVC) 2
5. Best Web Site (Brewery/Retailer)
26. Best E-Newsletter (Brewery/Retailer)
27. Best Beer List (On-Premise only)
28. Young Brewer of the Year (30 years and under)
29. Brewer of the Year (over 30 years of age)
Non Voting Categories:
30. People’s Choice Awards – Best Beer (Local) (Over category 14)
31. People’s Choice Awards – Best Beer (Imported) (Over category 15)
32. People’s Choice Awards – Best Beer Venue (Over categories 1-29, excluding 12-20)
33. Beer & Brewer Awards – Best Beer Venue (Over categories 1-29, excluding 12-20)
As always, awards will be given for both Australia and New Zealand.
To have your say, head to www.beerandbrewerawards.com.au
This year’s awards are being combined with the conference to create the Beer & Brewer Awards & Conference event. For more information on the conference and how to be involved see www.beerandbrewer.com/conference