The latest Beer & Brewer Beer Degustation Dinner on Tuesday 30th April, 2013 in Adelaide has sold out in record time!
Didn’t snag a ticket? Don’t worry we have plenty of beers to share with local magazine readers at our free welcome drinks. Turn up for a taste of these beauties – and because we’d love to meet you! However, to get an idea of numbers we do need you to RSVP so completethe form then get ready to try some of these:
- ACME (USA) IPA
- Birbeck’s (SA) Four Brothers IPA
- Brewboys (SA) Maiden Ale
- Brewboys (SA) Ace of Spades
- Brooklyn (USA) Lager
- Coopers (SA) Pale Ale
- Coopers (SA) Lager
- Coopers (SA) Sparkling Ale
- Coopers (SA) Best Extra Stout
- Coopers (SA) Celebration Ale
- Coopers (SA) Mild Ale
- Dr Pilkington’s (SA) Miracle Cider
- Hills (SA) Apple Ginger Hybrid Cider
- Hills (SA) Pear Cider
- Hofbrau (Ger) Dunkel Dark Lager
- Fullers (UK) London Pride Ale
- Knappstein (SA) Reserve Lager
- North Coast (USA) Blue Star Wheat Beer
- Prancing Pony (SA) BLACK Ale
- Vinaceous (WA) Forbidden Fruit Pear Cider
Were you lucky enough to snag a ticket to the dinner? Well, get ready to hear from some fantastic brewers and to sample some amazing beer and food pairings at our fantastic venue, The Earl of Leicester.
- Dr Tim Cooper, Chief Brewer & Managing Director, Coopers Brewery (SA).
- Frank Samson, Head Brewer, Prancing Pony Brewery (SA).
- Denham D’Silva, Managing Director, Barossa Valley Brewing (SA).
- Brenton Quirini, Managing Director, Empire Liquor (Importers, SA).
- Tobias Kline, Cidermaker The Hills Cider Company (SA).
- Jeff Wright, Head Brewer, McLaren Vale Brewing Co. (SA).
- Jared Birbeck, Managing Director, Birbeck’s Brewing Co. (SA).
- Tony Jones, Technical Brewer, West End Brewery (SA).
- Karli Small, Technical Brewer, West End Brewery (SA).
- Dan Wright, MD & Head Brewer, Swell Brewing Co. (SA).
- Ryan Davidson, SA Sales Manager, Palais Imports (SA).
Looking for some seriously drool-worthy food pairings? Have a look at the menu below (and maybe get some ideas if you’re not coming to the dinner!)
MENU with Beer & Cider pairings
5 courses, matched to 12 beers, presented by 11 breweries.
Crispy skin pork belly with pulled pork wonton, seared scallop and saffron, apple puree
Beer match: Swell (SA) Wheat Belgian Wit 4.5% ABV.
Cider match: Hills (SA) Apple Cider 5.0% ABV.
Confit duck leg risotto with fresh garden peas and sautéed pancetta
Beer matches: Birbeck’s (SA) The Captain Australian Mild Ale 2.9% ABV,
James Squire (NSW) The Chancer Golden Ale 4.5% ABV.
Sticky BBQ beef rib with stout mash
Beer matches: Coopers (SA) Celebration Ale 5.2% ABV,
VALE (SA) / IPA 5.5% ABV.
Individual espresso and dark chocolate tiramisu
Beer matches: Prancing Pony (SA) BLACK Ale 6.0% ABV,
Barossa (SA) Milk Stout 7.0% ABV.
BONUS beer match: Southwark (SA) Old Stout 7.4% ABV.
Shared cheese platters
Beer matches: Brooklyn (USA) Silver Anniversary Lager 9% ABV,
Fuller’s (UK) Bottle Conditioned 2011 Vintage Ale 8.5% ABV.
BONUS beer match: Barossa (SA) Imperial IPA, 94 IBU 8% ABV.
Held at the The Earl of Leicester Hotel,85 Leicester Street, Parkside SA (Tel:(08) 8271 5700) the evening is going to be an awesome night of food, brews and beer talk. We can’t wait to see everyone there.
The night will also launch the current issue of Beer & Brewer as well as the Best 100 Beers booklet, also including the results of the Beer& Brewer Awards 2012 across Australia & New Zealand.
Best 100 Beers and Beer & Brewer Awards 2012 (18226 KB)