“Looking at the company our medals are in gives us confidence that our beers are truly world class” says Moa Master Brewer David Nicholls.
The Marlborough-based brewery won medals across the range including:
- Moa Methode, silver in Bohemian style pilsner
- Moa Pale Ale, silver in American style IPA
- Moa Imperial Stout, silver in wood aged stout
- Moa St Josephs, silver in Belgian abbey tripel
- Moa St Josephs, silver for packaging
- Moa McMoa (special reserve), silver in other speciality beer
- Moa Original, bronze in Bohemian style Pilsner
- Moa Imperial Pilsner (special reserve), bronze in other pilsner
- Moa Five Hop, bronze in British style IPA
- Moa Blanc Evolution, bronze in Belgian wit (wheat beer)
- Moa Quad (special reserve), bronze in Belgian dark strong style
David was also happy to extend his congratulations to his fellow countrymen at Croucher Brewing Company – trophy winners for best pilsner – and Garage Project – trophy winners for best specialty.
Moa was only pipped to the post by Lion Breweries, who won 12 medals and claimed the most successful Kiwi brewery crown for both the craft and mainstream sectors.