Despite a backtrack in Victorian restrictions, Melbourne’s Bad Shepherd Brewing Co are keeping the party happening with their limited edition Roaming Ram Mixed Pack.
Like others in Victoria, the Cheltenham brewery have had to wind back capacity in their brewpub as the state battles new COVID-19 outbreaks.
But with its mixed pack release of 12 non-Victorian indie beers from IBA-certified brewers from all over Australia, they have some good news for Melbourne-based craft fans.
Orders are being taken now for the strictly limited release and will be delivered from July 1.
What’s in the pack?
- Big Shed Brewing Co (SA) Big Boozy Fruit NEIPA – the 2018 GABS people choice award winner and an ode to the Frosty Fruit.
- Blasta Brewing Co (WA) Myway Grapefruit IPA – packed full of blood orange and ruby grapefruit from the Perth Hills.
- Ballistic Beer Co (QLD) Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout – the name’s enough to warm a cold night and it tastes even better.
- Sea Legs Brewing Co (QLD) Tropical Lager – a lovely amalgamation of your classic lager and the popular tropical pale ale style.
- Spotty Dog Brewers x Robbie Browns (TAS) Voyager Session Ale – combines local Tassie and classic US hops to create a smashable ale.
- Little Bang Brewing Co (SA) Inside Voice Foreign Extra Stout – the perfect fit for your Winter beer from the guys at Little Bang.
- Aether Brewing (QLD) Witching Hour Blackberry Sour – a Berliner Weisse that’s fruity and tart with a balanced wheat back note.
- Boiling Pot Brewing (QLD) Bat Migration Dark Lager – a dark lager that is still light on the pallet and very sessionable.
- Sunday Road Brewing Co (NSW) Vienna Coffee Lager – a smooth malty lager with a bold coffee character.
- Modus Operandi Brewing Co (NSW) Hazy 04 Triple NEIPA – Mosaic and Azacca are to the fore with new breed ‘Hort 4337’.
- Wayward Brewing Co (NSW) Coffee & Donuts Milk Stout – the 2019 GABS smash hit is back and as good as ever.
- Maltnhops Brewhaus (NSW) NEIPA – Hazy and malty with a restrained bitterness with flavours of mango, pineapple and oranges.
Bad Shepherd’s founder and managing director Dereck Hales said: “It’s so great to be able to work with indie breweries from across Australia to bring something different to the table here in Melbourne. For us, the Roaming Ram Mixed Pack works on three levels. For the industry, it’s essential that we work together and support each other so this is one way of doing just that. For our staff, it’s so cool that we can involve the crew in this by letting them choose their favourite beers. For our customers, we’re offering them something different with beers they won’t easily find here in Melbourne. Overall, we’re stoked to launch it and I’m definitely going to be buying a pack or two for myself!”
Contact Beer & Brewer by clicking here to share your news and views.