We’re putting the final touches to a jam-packed Summer 2020/21 edition of Beer & Brewer Magazine. Out in early December, it’s one not to miss so check out all of our affordable subscription options that will make that perfect Christmas gift for the beer lover in your family.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAGAZINE FOR AS LITTLE AS $16.99* A YEAR
What you will find in Issue 55 – Summer 2020/21
- The 2020 Beer & Brewer Awards: find out who has won the following awards: Lifetime Achievement; Best New Brewery; Best Brewer; Best Cider Maker; Best Brewery Experience; Best Home Brew Shop; Best Online Retailer; Best Bottle Shop; plus our three People’s Choice Awards – Best Beer Packaging; Best Beer Name; and Best Beer Release.
- The IPA in 2020: discover how the enduring yet polarising category has pushed the boundaries this year.
- Your dedicated HomeBrewer section: featuring 5 DIY recipes for you to try at home and the chance to win a Ss Brewtech 26 litre Brewbucket fermenter from New Era Brewing, we look at low and no alcohol home brewing, talk session ales with Blasta Brewing’s Steve Russell and extract the facts on brewing with extract.
- 136 beer, cider and brewed hard seltzer reviews: thanks to an incredible amount of submissions for our focus beer – the IPA – we publish the most reviews we ever have. Balter Brewing’s head brewer Scott Hargrave also joins our tasting panel for the first time as well.
- Win craft glassware and have your review published: our readers get the chance to win an amazing craft beer glassware set from Rastal, care of CraftyMerch, and have their review published in the next issue.
- Bridge Road Brewers’ Ben Kraus shares his epiphany beer stories: stuck in Austria with his family due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, Ben shares the beers that inspired him to not just become a brewer but help change the Australian beer landscape for the better.
- Share a pint with Philter’s Sam Füss (pictured above): cult craft brewery co-owner and head brewer reflects on a year where they finally found a place to call home.
- Go behind Moo Brew’s IIPA with head brewer Jack Viney: find out how the Tasmanian brewery brewed it, plus why the perfect setting to drink it is when all your jobs have been done for the day.
- A look at three companies who take a brewer’s beer seriously: when you pour your heart and soul in to what you produce, you want people with a similar thirst charged with getting it out to the masses. We chat to East Coast Canning, Konvoy Kegs and Motus Transport about how they bring their own passion to the life cycle of beer.
- Making brewing a career: recently retired Associate Professor at Fed Uni Pete Aldred, and one of his former students, Caolan Vaughan, head brewer at Stone & Wood, share advice to people thinking of becoming a commercial brewer.
- There’s also: epic Mexican street food recipes; a Summer style shoot on low and zero alcohol beers; great gift ideas to fill the stockings this Christmas; and a truck load more.
*Price advertised is in Australian dollars and is for a digital only subscription. Discover all of our great subscription options here.