The Institute of Beer will roll out its in-person and online training programs for basic through to advanced beer knowledge from 1 October.
Launching earlier this year, The Institute of Beer is an initiative focused on formal and informal beer education and consultancy.
The Institute of Beer has customised the Cicerone training and certification systems for the Australian and New Zealand markets, with dates set for Certified Cicerone exams in Australia.
The first two Certified Cicerone exams available through The Institute of Beer will be held 15 November in Sydney and 17 November in Perth. Interested candidates can find out more here.
As well as Off-Flavour Kits and webinar, Malt Kits and webinar, The Institute of Beer will have available the following face-to-face courses:
The Fools Guide to Beer
This course is an entertaining and interactive journey through the world of beer styles, beer flavours and how to enjoy beer at its best.
This three-hour evening tasting and education session, will involve the following:
- Be guided through a structured tasting of the eight major beer styles by an expert.
- Develop a comprehensive beer tasting vocabulary.
- Learn about brewing raw materials and how to recognise their flavours in beer.
- Understand common beer faults and how to recognise them.
Certified Beer Server – One-Day Training Course
This course prepares you to take the Certified Beer Servers online exam; an internationally recognised level of competence that is becoming a required qualification to work in the beer industry.
This one-day training course helps anyone who works with or brews beer:
- Understand how to professionally handle, store and serve beer.
- Learn how to present and pour the perfect beer.
- Understand beer styles and the language to describe them.
- Recognise common beer faults and how to minimise them.
- Enjoy a guided tasting of the 10 most important beer styles.
- Learn from respected and experienced industry professionals.
- Be prepared to take your Certified Beer Server Exam.
Beer Faults – Half Day Training Program
This program is ideal for brewers, aspiring Certified Cicerones and beer lovers alike. Using Aroxa flavour kits and a wealth of knowledge, our experienced trainers will cover the eight most common beer faults, with multiple blind and guided tastings as well as concise information as to the causes of (and solutions to) the faults that greatly affect the drinkability and saleability of beer.
The Institute of Beer will publish a schedule for these courses around Australia. The courses are ready to roll now so if you have a group to train they will arrange a date to suit. For more information, click here.